Port Visa for Foreigners and Visa Applications for Taiwan Residents
In accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens and the Rules Governing the Implementation of the Law of the PRC on the Entry and Exit of Aliens and relevant provisions, the visa office of the Exit-Entry Administration of the Shanghai Public Security Bureau is able to handle port visas for foreigners who come to China for emergencies. The office can also handle the validation certificate (endorsement) for a single journey for Taiwan residents entering China via Shanghai.
Port Visa for Foreigners
1. Scope of Application
Foreigners may apply for visas at port visa agencies in Shanghai for the following matters:
1) Being invited on short notice by the Chinese side to attend a trade fair in China;
2) Being invited to China to enter a bid or to formally sign an economic or trade contract;
3) Coming to China under contract for supervision over export shipment, import commodity inspection, or to check on the completion of a contract;
4) Being invited to install equipment or make rush repairs;
5) Coming to China at the request of the Chinese side for settling claims;
6) Being invited to China for scientific or technological consulting services;
7) A last-minute replacement or addition, approved by the Chinese side, to a delegation or group that has been invited and has already obtained visas for traveling to China;
8) For visiting a patient in a critical condition or making funeral arrangements;
9) As persons in immediate transit who, because of force majeure, are unable to leave China by the original aircraft within 24 hours or have to leave China by other means of transport;
10) As other invitees who do not have enough time to apply for visas to the Chinese agencies abroad but hold letters or telegrams from designated competent ities approving the application for visa at port visa agencies;
11) Tour groups organized by the designated Chinese international travel agencies and the approved Hong Kong or Macao agencies.
The following documents are required: Visa Application Form; valid ordinary passport; a recently-taken half-length, bare-headed, full-faced, two-inch photo; papers supporting visa application for entry into or transfer through China.
1) If applying for an “F” visas, the applicant shall submit a letter or telegram from the organization ized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Application Form for Permitting Foreigners’ Port Visa (only used by the units filed in the bureau for invitation). If the applicant needs to handle relevant procedures for filing, please inquire on the web portals of the Exit-Entry Administration of the Shanghai Public Security Bureau or consult via telephone 68340474.
2) If applying for an “L” visa for private purposes, the applicant shall submit the documents concerning the emergency.
3) If applying for a visa for a group trip in China, the applicant shall submit a certificate of reception from a Chinese international travel service or an approved Hong Kong/Macao travel agency and a list of tour groups.
4) If applying for a “G” visa, the applicant shall submit a valid visa for entering the country (region) of destination, and a connecting ticket (air, train or boat ticket).
5) If applying for a “C” visa, the applicant shall submit an official letter from the China civil aviation department or transportation administration.
1. Scope of Application
According to the Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens, if a Taiwan resident enters China to visit his/her relatives and friends, or to tour and trade with a valid certificate issued by the Taiwan Entry and Exit Bureau, Taiwan ID card or the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents, he/she may apply for a valid Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents once every three months or an endorsement for a single journey.
Applying for the entry-exit visa valid for a single journey, the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents
1) Submit effective entry-exit certificates for Taiwan residents for mainland travel and Taiwan ID card;
2) Fill in the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents and Application Form of Endorsement (Port) completely;
3) Submit two recently-taken, bare-headed, two-inch photos with colored background;
4) Answer relevant inquiries;
5) Pay fees for handling certificates (standard charge: 50 yuan, the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents (valid for a single journey) according to provisions.
Apply for entry-exit endorsement valid for a single journey
1) The valid Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents;
2) Fill in the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents and Application Form for Endorsement (Port) completely;
3) Submit recently-taken bare-headed two-inch photo with colored background;
4) Answer relevant inquiries;
5) Pay fees for handling certificates (standard charge: 50 yuan, an endorsement valid for a single journey in mainland China) according to provisions.
Places and Contacts
T1 and T2, International Arrival, Pudong Airport
T1, International Arrival, Hongqiao Airport
If a foreigner or a Taiwan resident does not live in a hotel, he/she must undergo a temporary check-in procedure at the local police station within the required period (24 hours in towns, 72 in villages). If not, he/she must face the legal consequences.
Official website of the Shanghai Exit-Entry Administration Bureau: http://crj.police.sh.cn/